7 Things to buy when you win the lottery
Taking part and winning the lottery is the easy part. The hard part is figuring out what are you going to do with all that moola? Now that everything is paid and anything is possible, what are you going to spend your big bucks on?
We put together a list of 7 things you could consider. All a little outrageous and perhaps a tad over the top, but you will be surprised what people have spent their excess cash on.
- Since the world is now your oyster, you should buy some oysters. Good ones. Like the ones from Australia. Coffin Bay King Oysters are the most expensive oysters in the world at $100 a piece. Usually restricted for special occasions only, they are worth every cent.
- Take a trip into outer space for $250 000. Talk to Richard Branson, owner of Virgin Airlines, and, more importantly, Virgin Galactic. He can make this dream come true. Hop aboard what is being called Spaceship Two, you and five other people who coughed up the 250k will be rocketed up to space and you will get you to stay there for up to two and half hours. You will experience a little weightlessness and enjoy the best view ever. Totally worth it.
- Buy a Tahitian island – like Johnny Depp did for $15 million. Private islands are pretty rad. You get to do what you want. It is private. All yours. Nobody else's. Maybe Johnny Depp could be your neighbor?
- Buy an original Superman comic book. $3.2 million. Even if you not in to them, it’s still cool to own an original.
- Good wine. Starting at $45,000 a bottle. Nothing like entertaining your friends with the best bottle of vino you can find. A bottle of 1775 Massandra de la Fronter comes to mind and don’t worry if you can’t pronounce it, just drink it and be fancy.
- How about purchasing a Volkner Mobile Performance Bus. You can finally make that cross-country trek you dreamed about. This motor coach is your mansion, just on wheels. With a built-in garage for your luxury ride it is valued at $1,900,000+.
- A USB Flash Drive. Flash drive? Luxury? How so you ask? Well Victorinox, the maker of the original Swiss Army Knife, have promised a pocket-friendly drive with an entire terabyte of storage on board. With a price tag of only $3,000, be careful not to lose or misplace it.
Your options are endless and your opportunities are unlimited. Enter the US Powerball and stand a chance of winning US$184 million in Wednesday’s draw or try your luck at your favorite lottery- whether that is Mega Millions, EuroMillions or Spanish La Primitiva!